University of Maryland at College Park
Bachelor of Arts, Multiplatform Journalism
Philip Merrill College of Journalism
Bachelor of Arts, History
College of Arts and Humanities
Expected Graduation 2021| Certification from global communities living learning program
Co-Sports Editor, The Diamondback
College Park, Maryland | May 2020 – Present
- Copy edit numerous stories every week, helping oversee sports desk at student newspaper.
- Also serve as men’s soccer beat writer, publishing four articles per week while cultivating social media prescience.
Previously: Women’s lacrosse reporter | November 2018-June 2019
- Developed beat and worked on writing skills covering national championship-winning team.
College Park, Maryland | January 2020 – June 2020
- Utilize adobe audition to edit career-advice podcast with nationwide audience.
- Write show notes and blog posts to support online content.
News Director and Beat Writer, WMUC Sports
College Park, Maryland | June 2019 – April 2020
- Write articles, record podcasts and create other multimedia content for University of Maryland’s campus radio station.
- Provide in-depth analysis of Maryland men’s soccer team.
- Manage six staff writers, copy editing articles and publishing on WordPress.
Intern, USA Today Sports
McLean, Virginia | September 2019 – January 2020
- Write breaking news stories for website with worldwide readership.
- Research trends, stats and general news in the sports world.
- Contribute to online content, with a focus on SEO and photo editing
Communications Intern, D.C. United
Washington, D.C. | January 2019 – June 2019
- Kept track of and researched stats during games, sharing them via social media channels.
- Wrote occassional previews for the team website.
Staff Writer, The Left Bench
College Park, Maryland | September 2018 – September 2019
- Wrote features for University of Maryland’s online sports publication.
- Focused on individual athletes, especially in non-revenue sports.
Staff Writer, Hyattsville Life and Times
Hyattsville, Maryland | September 2018 – February 2019
- Served as a general assignment reporter for local newspaper with circulation of about 9,000.
- Wrote mostly about small businesses in the area, highlighting important store owners within the community
Social Media Intern, The Huntington Library, Art Museum and Botanical Gardens
San Marino, California | September 2019 – Present
- Developed content for Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr highlighting lesser-known works in the museum.
- Contributed to institution blog through both writing and extensive research of the collections.
Design Intern, The Old Mill Foundation
Pasadena, CA | June-August 2018
- Curated and edited the website using WordPress..
- Designed monthly newsletter using Adobe Indesign.