University of Maryland at College Park
Bachelor of Arts, Multiplatform Journalism
Philip Merrill College of Journalism
Bachelor of Arts, European History
College of Arts and Humanities
Expected Graduation 2021 with Certification from Global Communities Living Learning Program
Co-Sports Editor and Men’s Soccer Reporter, The Diamondback
College Park, Maryland | May 2020 – Present
- Co-managed team of 12 writers, copy editing and overseeing sports desk
- Cultivated soccer beat and developed social media presence, emphasized long-form feature pieces
- Wrote stories concerning identity and activism among the team.
Previously: Women’s lacrosse reporter | November 2018-June 2019
Education reporter, Capital News Service
College Park, Maryland | January 2021-Present
- Covered Maryland state legislature, with a focus on elementary education.
- Wrote topics such as teen pregnancy, mental health and disabilities.
News director and men’s soccer reporter, WMUC Sports
College Park, Maryland | June 2019 – April 2020
- Write articles, record podcasts and create other multimedia content for University of Maryland’s campus radio station.
- Provide in-depth analysis of Maryland men’s soccer team.
- Manage six staff writers, copy editing articles and publishing on WordPress.
Intern, USA Today Sports
McLean, Virginia | September 2019 – January 2020
- Write breaking news stories for website with worldwide readership.
- Research trends, stats and general news in the sports world.
- Contribute to online content, with a focus on SEO and photo editing
Communications Intern, D.C. United
Washington, D.C. | January 2019 – June 2019
- Kept track of and researched stats during games, sharing them via social media channels.
- Wrote occassional previews for the team website.
Staff Writer, The Left Bench
College Park, Maryland | September 2018 – September 2019
- Wrote features for University of Maryland’s online sports publication.
- Focused on individual athletes, especially in non-revenue sports.
Staff Writer, Hyattsville Life and Times
Hyattsville, Maryland | September 2018 – February 2019
- Served as a general assignment reporter for local newspaper with circulation of about 9,000.
- Wrote mostly about small businesses in the area, highlighting important store owners within the community
Social Media Intern, The Huntington Library, Art Museum and Botanical Gardens
San Marino, California | September 2019 – Present
- Developed content for Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat, highlighting lesser-known works in the museum.
- Contributed to institution blog through both writing and extensive research of the collections.
Design Intern, The Old Mill Foundation
Pasadena, CA | June-August 2018
- Curated and edited the website using WordPress.
- Designed monthly newsletter using Adobe Indesign.